Achyut Konwar (Ph.D.), completed his Ph.D. from Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology (IASST), Guwahati, India, in 2018. Dr. Konwar joined the State Key Laboratory of Separation Membranes and Membrane processes at the Tianjin Polytechnic University in February 2019.
Dr. Konwar’s broad areas of interests are in synthesizing new polymeric and composite hybrid materials for membrane fabrication.
He has special expertise on polymeric materials, their processing techniques, carbon based nanomaterial and preparation of polymeric nanocomposite. He has experience of working with different bio-polymeric materials, fabrication of bio-polymeric hybrid products for various applications.
The main inspiration of my current research is to find out a cost effective and efficient solution for purification of water as well as organic solvents. The goal is to find out a suitable membrane material for the industrial processes to recover the used solvents and chemicals.
1. Achyut Konwar, Sanjeeb Kalita, Jibon Kotoky and Devasish Chowdhury, Chitosan-Iron Oxide Coated Graphene Oxide Nanocomposite Hydrogel: A Robust and Soft Antimicrobial Bio-film, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces 2016, 8, 20625−20634.
2. Achyut Konwar, Raghuram Kandimalla, Sanjeeb Kalita and Devasish Chowdhury, A Novel Approach to Fabricate Compact Cotton Patch Without Weaving: A Smart Bandage Material, ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering 2018, 6, 5806−5817.
3. Achyut Konwar, Neelam Gogoi, Gitanjali Majumdar and Devasish Chowdhury, Green Chitosan–carbon dots Nanocomposite Hydrogel Film with Superior Properties, Carbohydrate Polymers 2015, 115, 238-245.
4. Achyut Konwar, Upama Baruah, Manash Jyoti Deka, Amreen Ara Hussain, Sultana R Haque, Arup Ratan Pal and Devasish Chowdhury, Tea-Carbon Dots-reduced Graphene Oxide: An Efficient Conducting Coating Material for Fabrication of E-Textile, ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering 2017, 5, 11645−11651.
5. Achyut Konwar and Devasish Chowdhury, Property Relationship of Alginate and Alginate–Carbon dot Nanocomposites with Bivalent and Trivalent Cross-linker Ions, RSC Advances 2015, 5, 62864-62870.
6. Achyut Konwar, Ansumi Gogoi and Devasish Chowdhury, Magnetic Alginate–Fe3O4 Hydrogel Fiber Capable of Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride Adsorption/Separation in Aqueous Solution, RSC Advances 2015, 5, 81573-81582.
7. Upama Baruah, Achyut Konwar and Devasish Chowdhury, A Sulphonated Carbon dot–Chitosan Hybrid Hydrogel Nanocomposite as an Efficient Ion-exchange Film for Ca2+ and Mg2+ Removal, Nanoscale 2016, 8, 8542-8546.