Chanukya B.S. (Ph.D.), completed his Ph.D. from CSIR-Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore – India, in 2015. He later worked in food industry in India (2016) and then as an Associate Professor at Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia (2017/18). Dr. Chanukya joined the State Key Lab of Separation Membranes and Membrane processes at the Tianjin Polytechnic University in October 2018.
Dr. Chanukya’s broad areas of interests are in downstream processing, membrane based advanced separations, process design and optimization, new product development in the field of chemical engineering and food processing.
1. B.S. Chanukya and N.K. Rastogi. Extraction of alcohol using emulsion liquid membrane consisting of paraffin oil as an organic phase and lecithin as a surfactant. Journal of Chemical Technology & Biotechnology. 85 (2010) 243-247.
2. B.S. Chanukya, S. Patil, N.K. Rastogi. Influence of concentration polarization on flux behavior in forward osmosis during desalination using ammonium bicarbonate. Desalination 312 (2013) 39-44.
3. B.S. Chanukya and N.K. Rastogi. Extraction of alcohol from wine and color extracts using liquid emulsion membrane. Separation and Purification Technology 105 (2013) 41-47.
4. B.S. Chanukya, M. Kumar, N.K. Rastogi. Optimization of pertraction of lactic acid by liquid emulsion membranes using response surface methodology. Separation and Purification Technology 111 (2013) 1-8.
5. B.S. Chanukya and N.K. Rastogi. Downstream processing of organic acids involving liquid membranes. Biotechnology: Bioprocess Engineering (Vol. 12). Studium press LLC, Texas, U.S.A. (2014) pg: 384.
6. B.S. Chanukya and N.K. Rastogi. Supported liquid membrane composed of tertiary or/and quaternary amine for the extraction of lactic acid. International Journal of Membrane Science and Technology, 2 (2015) 19-28.
7. B.S. Chanukya and N.K. Rastogi. A comparison of thermal processing, freeze drying and forward osmosis for the downstream processing of anthocyanin from rose petals. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation. 40 (2016) 1289–1296.
8. B.S. Chanukya and N.K. Rastogi. Ultrasound assisted forward osmosis concentration of fruit juice and natural colorant. Ultrasonics Sonochemistry. 34 (2017) 426-435.
9. B.S. Chanukya, M. Prakash, & N.K. Rastogi. Extraction of citric acid from fruit juices using supported liquid membrane. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation. 41(1) (2017).
10. Z.T. Tsegay, B.S. Chanukya, S.M. Lemma. Optimization of cactus pear fruit fermentation process for wine production. Foods. 7(8) (2018)
11. T. Nidheesh, B.S. Chanukya, L. Methre, K. Ramalakshmi, L.J. M. Rao. Changes in quality and flavor components of coconut sap during natural fermentation. 2018 (Article Communicated)