Genghao Gong, Ph.D, Professor, “Tianjin Thousand Talents Program” young scholar. Professor Gong received his Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering from Hiroshima University, Japan and worked there as a Postdoctoral Fellow from 2014 to 2016, and then became an Assistant Professor. In 2017, he joined the State Key Lab of Separation Membranes and Membrane Processes in Tianjin Polytechnic University and served as professor.
Professor Gong’s research interests are mainly focused on the functional organic-inorganic hybrid silica materials, fabrication of polymer/organosilica layered-hybrid membranes, and their applications in molecular separation via nanofiltration, reverse osmosis, organic solvent nanofiltration, pervaporation and gas separation processes.
A novel polymer-supported organosilica layered-hybrid membrane consisting of a BTESE-derived silica active layer deposited onto a flexible polymeric substrate was successfully developed. This organosilica membrane is applicable to various separation processes including RO, PV, OSN and gas separation due to their excellent thermal and chemical stability and molecular sieving abilities, thereby having a large potential of wide application in the field of membrane separation.
1. Genghao Gong, Hiroki Nagasawa, Masakoto Kanezashi, Toshinori Tsuru*, Facile and scalable flow-induced deposition of organosilica on porous polymer supports for reverse osmosis desalination, ACS applied materials & interfaces, 2018, 10: 14070–14078.
2. Zhou, X. Zhang, X. Han, S. Dou, Y. Liu, M. Zhang, L. Guo, J. Shi, Q. Gong, G.H., Wang, R. Hu, J. Li, X. Zhang, J, Yeast Microcapsule-Mediated Targeted Delivery of Diverse Nanoparticles for Imaging and Therapy via the Oral Route, Nano Lett. 17 (2017) 1056–1064.
3. G.H. Gong, H. Nagasawa, M. Kanezashi, T. Tsuru, Tailoring the Separation Behavior of Polymer-Supported Organosilica Layered-Hybrid Membranes via Facile Post-Treatment Using HCl and HN3 Vapors, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces. 8 (2016) 11060–11069.
4. G.H. Gong, H. Nagasawa, M. Kanezashi, T. Yoshioka, T. Tsuru, Reverse osmosis performance of layered-hybrid membranes consisting of an organosilica separation layer on polymer supports, J. Membr. Sci. 494 (2015) 104-112
5. G.H. Gong, J. Wang, H. Nagasawa, M. Kanezashi, T. Yoshioka, T. Tsuru, Synthesis and characterization of a layered-hybrid membrane consisting of an organosilica separation layer on a polymeric nanofiltration membrane, J. Membr. Sci. 472 (2014) 19-28
6. G.H. Gong, J. Wang, H. Nagasawa, M. Kanezashi, T. Yoshioka, T. Tsuru, Fabrication of a layered hybrid membrane using an organosilica separation layer on a porous polysulfone support, and the application to vapor permeation, J. Membr. Sci. 464 (2014) 140-148.
7. J. Wang, G.H. Gong, H. Nagasawa, M. Kanezashi, T. Yoshioka, K. Ito, T. Tsuru, Pervaporation performance and characterization of organosilica membranes with a tuned pore size by solid-phase HCl post-treatment, J. Membr. Sci. 441 (2013) 120–128.
8. G.H. Gong, J. Wang, M. Kanezashi, T. Yoshioka, T. Tsuru, Sol–gel spin coating process to fabricate a new type of uniform and thin organosilica coating on polysulfone film, Mater. Lett. 109 (2013) 130–133.
9. J. Wang, G.H. Gong, M. Kanezashi, T. Yoshioka, K. Ito, T. Tsuru, Pore-size Tuning of Highly Selective Organic–Inorganic Hybrid Silica Membranes by Solid-phase Post-treatment at Low Temperature, Chem. Lett. 41 (2012) 1663-1665.
10. G.H. Gong, Y. Hou, Q. Zhao, M.A. Yu, F. Liao, L. Jiang, X. L. Yang, A new approach for the immobilization of permeabilized brewer's yeast cells in a modified composite polyvinyl alcohol lens-shaped capsule containing montmorillonite and dimethyldioctadecylammonium bromide for use as a biocatalyst, Process Biochem. 45, (2010) 1445-1449.
11. Q. Zhao, Y. Hou, G.H. Gong, M.A. Yu, L. Jiang, F. Liao, Characterization of Alcohol Dehydrogenase from Permeabilized Brewer's Yeast Cells Immobilized on the Derived Attapulgite Nanofibers, Appl. Biochem. Biothech. 160 (2010) 2287-2299.
12. M.A. Yu, Y. Hou, G.H. Gong, Q. Zhao, X.B. Zhu, L. Jiang, X.L. Yang, F. Liao, Effects of industrial storage on the bioreduction capacity of brewer's yeast. J. Ind. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 36 (2009) 157-62.
1. Genghao Gong and Toshinori Tsuru. Development and Applications of a New Type of Polymer-Supported Organosilica Layered-Hybrid Membranes. Advances in Chemistry Research. Volume 35, Chapter 3, Nova Science Publishers.
2. 都留稔了, 龔 耿浩, Waravut Puthai. 無機および有機無機ハイブリッド多孔膜の開発と水処理への応. 先進無機高分子材料の開発, 第二章, 第三节, 33-35, シーエムシー出版(CMC Publishers)
1. Genghao Gong, Membrane symposium (Japan membrane society), Dec 01-02, 2016, Osaka, Japan. (日本膜国际研讨会, 日本大阪, 2016. 12. 01-02)
2. Genghao Gong, The 10th Conference of Aseanian Membrane Society (AMS10), July 27-29, 2016, Nara, Japan. (第十届亚太膜国际会议, 日本奈良, 2016. 07. 27-29)
3. Genghao Gong, The 81th Society of Chemical engineers annual meeting (SCEJ), March 13-15, 2016, Osaka, Japan, Oral presentation. (第81届日本化学工程年会, 日本大阪, 2016. 03. 13-15)
4. Genghao Gong, The 9th Conference of Aseanian Membrane Society (AMS9), July 19-21, 2015, Taipei, China, Oral presentation. (第9届亚太膜国际会议, 中国台湾, 2015. 07. 19-21)
5. Genghao Gong, The 80th Society of Chemical engineers annual meeting (SCEJ), March 19-21, 2015, Tokyo, Japan, Oral presentation. (第80届日本化学工程年会, 日本东京, 2015. 03. 19-21)
6. Genghao Gong, The 10th international congress on membranes and membrane processes (ICOM2014), July 20-25, 2014, Su’zhou, China, Poster presentation. (第10届世界膜与膜过程国际会议, 中国苏州, 2014. 07. 20-25)
7. Genghao Gong, The 8th Conference of Aseanian Membrane Society (AMS8), July 16-19, 2013, Xi’an, China, Poster presentation. (第8届亚太膜国际会议, 中国西安, 2013. 07. 16-19)